The 10-in-105 Challenge in a nutshell...

The principle is simple - a challenge for Leah and Kate to both go out on at least 1 date with 10 guys in 105 days.... Hopefully find someone awesome, but at the very least have 20 stories between them to tell the world and learn something in the process!


Thursday, April 29, 2010

.... and we are off!!! Kate-date 1 of 10

Ok, so with final hair inspection completed, make up touched up and a final tick of approval by my personal stylist (Olga), I was ready to embark on the 10/105 challenge which was lunch with Contestant Number 1

Vital Stats:
Name: K-1
Age 28
Occupation : Lawyer
Lives: New Farm
Grew up: Mackay (my hometown)
Meet point: Coffee Club 12.30

First step is to have money out right.. so I approach ATM at 12.18 only to discover that ATM card is still in my “other” wallet which I took shopping last night (approx distance 100km away). So I raced upstairs to work to transfer money to my other account – and withdrew money.. Imagine if I had of only realised at the end of my meal…… narrow escape !!

So then I’m waiting outside coffee club, and waiting… and waiting.. and my phone rings… turns out there is more than one coffee club in Bris City and we’re both at different ones… so we find a half way point and change venues…Great start I think….

Initial impressions:…. K-1 was dressed in a green shirt and awful green tie (deduct 10)…. He also needs to put on about 20kg – no girl wants to weigh more than the guy…. But he was tall (6ft 1ish) and had a friendly face ..

Conversation was easy and free flowing and it felt like I was just chatting to any of the regular crew… he was asking lots of questions in a conversationally way and was moderately funny ….

But if I’m honest – there was zero zing factor, zero lust and he was just a bit too nerdy for me… whilst I might consider catching up in a group environment –there is definitely no scope for romance….One of those cases where he was a lot more funny/interesting/appealing via emails/txts than in person

All in all – it was an easy way to kill lunch – am glad it wasn’t after work cause I probably wouldn’t want to stay any longer than I did – but it’s a numbers game and that’s another one down…

(and yes, he did pay for anyone interested)…..(I had a chicken club sandwich (for those of you who I know will ask) with an OJ (I followed his lead – but deducted 10 points for not ordering alcohol)

Lovely guy but no spark - Date Potential 2/5
Bring on Contestant Number Two…..

4 comments:

Suzels said...

Not sure that deducting 10 for not ordering alcohol at lunchtime in a Coffee Club is exactly fair. In a pub fair enough, but not a Coffee Club!!
Katie needs to be a bit fairer with her scoring system - remember to be venue appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Testing ability to post comment without having to create an account - If you can see this msg- we've changed the settings, so comment away!

Anonymous said...

Whilst I concur with Suzels, the more pertinent comment is why were you meeting in a coffee shop to start with??!! Give the fellas a chance and test em out in real life scenarios where your scoring systems appears aligned (i.e. the pub!!). You are looking for real men, not coffee toffs!!

Signed:
Kate's ex coffee buddy from Sydney.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm- enjoyable reading and great breakdown. I feel like I was right there along with you. Hopefully those 2's will start to turn into 4's and 5's. Good luck!

Post a Comment